The COPS Office is a leader in developing and providing innovative training to advance community policing for all levels of law enforcement and the communities they serve. The COPS Office provides numerous trainings and support materials in a variety of formats, including curricula; guidebooks; webinars; publications; conference presentations; podcasts; and videos. COPS Office online and in-person trainings can be found on the COPS Office Training Portal, a comprehensive, public, training portal with valuable resources for law enforcement and related stakeholders.
PREPARING FOR ACTIVE SHOOTER SITUATIONS
The COPS Office has funded and developed several trainings in the following areas:
- Child & Youth Safety
- Community Policing
- Crime Prevention
- Homeland Security
- Legal Issues
- Officer Safety & Wellness
- Tribal Policing
For a complete list and description of online and in-person trainings please visit the COPS Office Training Portal.
TRAINING REFERS TO:
- The teaching & learning activities that help members of an organization acquire and apply necessary knowledge, skills, abilities, and attitudes;
- Driven by specific goals, outcomes, and objectives;
- An ongoing process; it is not a single event; and
- Requires continuous self–reflection and evaluation.
Access the complete library of the COPS Office publications at the Resource Center.