All of these products, as well as many other resources from COPS and its partners, are available on the Drugs and Crime CD-ROM.
The Internet offers a wealth of excellent information on drugs including:
- The National Network for Safe Communities , is a coalition of police chiefs, prosecutors, and other community stakeholders whose mission is to support jurisdictions around the country in implementing two highly effective crime reduction strategies – the group violence reduction strategy first launched in Boston, MA, and the drug market strategy first launched in High Point, NC.
- A federal clearinghouse of methamphetamine information at www.methresources.gov.
- ONDCP sponsors the National Youth Anti-Drug Campaign, with a multi-language site at www.theantidrug.com.
- The DEA maintains a parent-oriented web site at www.getsmartaboutdrugs.com.
- SAMHSA maintains a Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator, a searchable directory of drug and alcohol treatment programs shows the location of facilities around the country.
- The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) provides information for students, parents, teachers, professionals and researchers on drug use and abuse at www.drugabuse.gov.